Monday 26 June 2017

In the pink

So this week I gave up on that other dress. I decided I only had green and blue dresses and that I would try something different namely re- making a pattern I have made before.Remaking a pattern was an interesting thing to do. So I decided I would remake two patterns I love and  make them in a different colour. It just so happens that I did both in a lovely shade of pink

.  Most of my dresses were blue so I wanted to make a pink one. This was my offering and it is my favourite pattern. I realised why most of my dresses are blue because they pick out the colour in my eyes.
 This is the Daisy dress pattern and it is my favourite pattern. I loved remaking it and I thought that it turned out well. Second time around is easier because you have already done the adjustments and know you like the style of it. I didn't change anything except topstitching the arm edges.

This cotton fabric is lovely though, beautiful flowers and butterflies. I love it perfect for a summer day.

This is the summer pajama pattern from Issue 9 of Sew Now Magazine. they were easy to make ( about an hour and a half.) and they are super comfy in this hot weather. I love the pattern and remaking them in this pretty flowers made me smile. The first time I made this pattern I made it out of half a single duvet cover but the poly cotton is a great colour and exciting. only one issue - I am not sure which way is the right way around for it... which on the top is fine but the bottoms is perhaps an issue. I probably need to find what I did with the ribbons I use to mark my clothes... 
On Friday I am going on a bra making course so I may well be sharing about that next week!  Happy sewing

No comments:

Post a Comment