Monday 15 May 2017

Me Made May Monday week 2

so we are now are on week 2 and the novelty factor has worn off. I also had a cracking migraine pretty much all week. I should also point out that the majority of the  pictures were taken when I made the items not this week.

Tuesday9/5 : Mathilde Top from Tilly and the buttons. This is one of my favourite tops. Tilly is my favourite pattern maker and I love this top. It is a joy to wear and I love wearing it. It has a yoke and pin tucks. it also has button up back.













Wednesday10/2 :
 Dotty Peplum (Mcalls 6896.) This was free with Dressmaker magazine a couple of months back and I loved the pattern but the only issue in it is the massive invisible zip down the back which is annoying. I made this in October I think.









Thursday11/2:
K3877 kwik sew A line skirt. yup you guessed it another free pattern Thursday was my day off and I wore this skirt - I made it in may as one of my bottoms that I was going to make. I made it as a remnant buster. This cherry fabric ( I wear it ironically of course!) I bought for the Betty Sew over it dress - which I wore on Sunday. I made a addition to the pattern to scoop the hem at the back which my mother does not appreciate but I love. ( I didn't make the top unfortunately) but it does feature my new hair cut - which I also love! these two pictures were taken this week as I didn't have a picture of the peplum top which goes to show how flattering a camera angle can be or not. I think it is that I don't suit blocks of red which considering my work uniform is red...




Friday12/5
 my migraine hit a 9 out of 10 and I was basically confined to bed.  I love these Pajamas they are the summer ones. I have two sets I am going to make more but yeah this is the Margot Pajama bottoms from Tilly and the buttons book ( of course) and the Sew simple shell top and they are made out of a poly cotton print in two colour ways. I like to wear nautical coming from a seaside town. the top was made from an off cut of another dress and the bottoms in the opposite matching fabric.











Saturday13/5
I was working all day Saturday and I was not quite over the migraine. So i was listening to eurovision from the sewing machine as my mother described the acts. this was my outfit of choice. its made from petrol ponte roma. Its the mccalls pattern same as last week M6886 and I made it on a stretch fabrics course last Autumn.


Sunday 14/5
so for church you can of course wear a pretty dress so I picked my sew over it betty dress it has a twirly skirt and I added pockets... which I made in this fab cherry print. I made this dress originally for a tea party I went to at the tea shop opposite Jane Austen's house with a good friend of mine from university organised by her husband for her friends ( nawww she is a lucky girl). This dress I also wore on good Friday to be ironic because I am allergic to fruit and of course its covered in Cherries. something I ummed and ahhed about in the shop. but love this dress. This pattern needed bodice editing because it was designed for someone with much longer torso than me and wider back.


Today 15/5
 This is the Shannon dress from simple sew I made it a couple of weeks ago and it will be featuring in an exciting forthcoming series of blog posts. its made of jersey and has a nautical vibe. I love it - it is so comfortable. Great for a night in whilst you are still not feeling 100%

For me it is one of the joys of  making clothes that each has a story and a journey I enjoy the process of clothing myself something I haven't done in years as last year I lost 3 1/2 stone and of course this hobby is helping me keep it off as I want this stuff to fit in a year or so. This week i learned that colour is important for so long I have just picked fabrics I like rather than thinking about the wardrobe as a whole. I have a lot of blue in my wardrobe some pink and purple but mostly blues and greens.  This challenge is making me think about what I wear and how I wear it  I love making clothes and I take pride in wearing what I make but I am not nor ever have been a fashionista. but i am enjoying the process of developing my own style and making things and enjoying the process of it.

I have potentially a sew with me in the pipeline and a pattern review. so watch this space.

me-made-may'17

No comments:

Post a Comment