Wednesday 31 May 2017

Me Made May round up and ahead to June...

So this year I have been taking part in Me Made may

For those who have been following. these were my last 3 days

   


Monday - Turquoise Mathilde Tilly top
Tuesday - pink Anna tunic - this pattern was free with Sew magazine and is one of this month's downloads too I love it! definitely one of my favourites!
Today: the McCall's ponte roma  blue flowers knit shift dress.





So What have I learned? 

I love to make clothing but I realised doing this month that I didn't plan a wardrobe. - by that I mean most of the things I make are stand alone pieces - I have very little I can wear together. only one day I wore two pieces I had made which were  my Betty top with my 80s wrap skirt.

It is kind of bad that I haven't made wardrobe builders - things I can wear with other things. Most of all it made me realise that if I have the goal of eventually having a completely handmade wardrobe I am going to have to start making utility pieces in plain colours and I am going to have to master trousers My pledge to make at least one bottom half thing happened threefold. I made two skirts both of which turned out great despite my mother not understanding the concept of a high-low hem and constantly commenting  the days I wore the cherry skirt about how uneven the hem was and how I was better than that.
 

I also had a go at trousers and there is a reason I did not wear the trousers I made because they were way too skimpy in back to be decent.  hence showing solely front on pics - they were the sew over it ultimate trousers and I plan to make trousers again in a size bigger and not in light blue polka dots... you can tell I made them at the beginning of the month because I have had my hair cut since.


So it has in all been a great month. I have loved sharing my makes with you guys and wearing them everyday. At first I was  apprehensive about it and the first few days I was looking folornly at my T shirts  but I have loved it, I love sewing. I love wearing what I sew.  I want to get out of my comfort zone. I want to grow as a dressmaker and a sewer. So thanks for sharing this mad journey.

me-made-may'17

So what is on the horizon for June...

I plan to keep up with this blog. I have a make with me in the pipeline and a review of some description, I shall try to post every Monday and of course I plan to carry on sharing my makes although I have to say that in June I want to make some utility pieces, I have my eye on a Tilly pattern ( I ALWAYS have my eye on a Tilly pattern) called the Miette skirt which looks challenging and I have in my stash a navy cotton in the right kind of weight I would like to make that in June.

Our local sewing shop is holding a sewing bee competition and I have been working hard on my entries  I can't show you what I have made until after the judging takes place at the end of  July, but I have a lot of work to do before then. I also am booked on a Bra making course at the end of June which hopefully they will run as I have a general hatred of bra shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment