Monday 29 May 2017

Me Made may Monday week 4

Considering May ends on Wednesday I will do up to the weekend and do the rest on Wednesday with a review of the challenge as a whole and explain what I have in the pipeline.

The final week of this challenge has made me realise more what my handmade wardrobe lacks rather than what is in it.. I made my bottoms too which was the clemence skirt from tilly and the buttons book which was super simple and fun.  I have three skirts, lots of dresses and lots of tops. but nothing goes together not really. I need to make some more plain items as patterns tend to clash. I have my eye on the Miette pattern in a blue cotton from my stash. if I want to start making outfits just of what is handmade

Tuesday : Green spotty top,                         Wednesday : my Doris dress

 



Thursday cherry skirt although I didn't wear it with this top!  and  Friday we were having a pink day at work in aid of cancer research so I wore my pink stars when I wasn't wearing the fundraising shirt.



Saturday
I went nautical with my Clemence skirt. its a no pattern skirt and I made four cuts in the fabric using my quilters rule and rotary cutter. front, back, the waistband and cut the back in half. the fabric was from fabric land in Southampton. I made it in an evening and I love it! Just the thing for the fabric shop tour around a town called Gosport near where my grandmother used to live... mum told me that she would be proud if she were still alive. She is the one who taught me to sew!


Sunday
This was one of the first dresses I made for a friend's wedding last August and wearing it yesterday made me realise just how far I have come since. It should have had some serious adjustments but I like the fabric - it is another nautical one.
so I will give you the rest on Wednesday. Thanks for your interest and support.

me-made-may'17

No comments:

Post a Comment