Tuesday 23 May 2017

Me Made May monday week 3

So we are into the third week and actually I have run out of clothes. I mean we are into re wearing the same things again. But that is ok I have learned a lot about how to adapt and mix outfits and sometimes and we are into the ones I made and I don't wear often or at all. I mean we love to sew right but  not everything we make turns out perfectly or we want to wear. Two of the garment I wore this week were learning curve items . Also my go to second time wearing was not the one I thought it would be. It shows me that I really need to make another one of my purple top. I also learned that how I feel about a piece of clothing matters. I know my body shape now and what suits me which I didn't when I made a couple of these items. I also know how to adjust better than I did before.




Tuesday : Yellow Laura Ashley top. I made this because I wanted to experiment with gathered necklines and I love it although the fabric is heavier weight than the pattern dictates and it affects the drape of the garment which makes it harder to wear  This top taught me about drape.

Wednesday: Starry top. i saw someone in a fabric shop wearing one of these and I had to have the pattern I love it. Its New look

Thursday - This is one of my most worn tops that I made so I should really make another one of it  New look 6110 it was hard to make and I bought the fabric in a charity shop. 

Friday: My Irish dress, Ok this is a Tilly pattern its the Louliou dress and its great for being around the house in.  although the straps like always were too long and I had to make an adaption after the fact which involved folding over the straps. commerical patterns are often too long in the straps as my shoulders are short.


Saturday

I went to Southampton on Saturday for a literary day out and because I had a four hour shift in the morning I decided to do my hair early and attack it with half a can of hairspray. So I did my rock chick poof something an american friend taught me at university. when I got back from work I decided on a dress which matched the hair and did my makeup to match too. ( Left)  it was a hit with the people I met so much so one asked me what the fit was like on my - designer vintage dress - and which size I went for as they are hard to judge. I said that I made it myself and the fit is so good because I made adaptions to the pattern to accommodate my body shape. The lady's jaw hit the floor.It is my sew over it Betty dress.



Sunday.
So I have a confession to make, if you have read the back pages of this blog you will know I made the dress above for a competition last summer. I haven't worn it since, until Sunday of this week.  I am putting it down to the fact I hated making it and that is isn't particularly flattering without the ribbon which went AWOL but I felt part of this me made may malarkey was the wearing of things which were less loved and there was no love lost between me and this dress.  I am an hourglass shape so I have to define my waist else I look much bigger than I am.  Its comfy even if not really me.



Monday
I wore my wrap skirt today I love this skirt and its pattern. wrap skirts are great. this one was made in a 80s print and it makes me smile.


me-made-may'17






No comments:

Post a Comment